|Location||United Kingdom, London|
|Power reserve||48 h|
|Case diameter||40 mm|
|Dial numerals||No numerals|
Stunning example of the Rolex Submariner reference 16800 with perfectly aged lume, pristine dial and international Rolex warranty.
The reference 16800 was the first to feature a sapphire crystal as well as an increased depth rating and improved movement. What we love most though is its split personality. You can look down at the aged lume and instantly enjoy its vintage charm but with its robust construction and 1000ft depth rating you know its still highly useable. Truly the best of both worlds!
This particular example is in stunning condition, with some of the finest aged lume we’ve seen. The lume has turned a beautiful, even cream colour - the photos really don’t do it justice! The dial itself is immaculate and the case is almost "as new" being a later Rolex replacement. Whilst re-casing can be a contentious issue, like a growing number of people we think it offers the best of both worlds, allowing the vintage charm of the aged dial not to be let down by a worn out case.
With so few examples backed by a Rolex warranty and with a dial in such pristine condition, this example is sure to sell quickly. If you have any questions or would like photos from another angle please get in touch and we'll be happy to help. More photos of the movement will follow later this week.
- Circa 1988, serial R989XXX
- Recently serviced by Rolex in August 2016 and comes with a 2 year international Rolex warranty from this time;
- Beautifully aged creamy coloured hands and hour markers;
- Rolex 93150 bracelet with flip lock
- Original Rolex box
Like all our watches this Rolex has undergone a thorough inspection to insure its working order and authenticity and is backed by our 1 year warranty.
- Dial: mint condition, lume has aged evenly to a fine cream colour;
- Hands: fine condition retaining the lume;
- Case: later Rolex service case in mint condition;
- Glass: excellent condition with only minor marks visible under a 4X loupe;
- Strap: Rolex 93150 bracelet in good condition with only minor scratches visible to the naked eye;
- Movement: fully serviced and regulated;
- Box & Papers: Two year Rolex international warranty dated August 2016 and original Rolex case.